Grant assistance for young people
The aim of The Bishop Fox’s Educational Foundation is to promote the education of young people through a grant scheme within the following areas:
- Music – to include travel, tuition, materials & equipment (but not the purchase of instruments) and experiences.
- Other Arts – to include travel, tuition, materials & equipment and experiences.
- Physical Activity (sport, outward bound, dance) – to include travel, tuition, materials & equipment and experiences.
- Educational – to include books, equipment and other teaching aids. (Applications to fund university/college reading lists must provide evidence from the university/college of priorities within the reading list.)
- Purchase of school uniform – individuals can apply once every two years, maximum grant £100.00.
- Schools/Organisations – Capital applications are considered
What qualifies you?
Applicants must be aged between 11 and 24, in need of financial assistance and either…
A pupil or former pupil of the following schools/colleges in the Borough of Taunton Deane – Bishop Fox’s School, The Castle School, The Taunton Academy, Heathfield Community School, Courtfields Community School, Kingsmead Community School, Richard Huish College, Bridgwater & Taunton College (Taunton Campus only) or other state maintained schools/colleges.
Permanently resident within the Borough of Taunton Deane, but being educated in another establishment outside Taunton Deane.
Preference is given to pupils or former pupils of Bishop Fox’s School.Click for full details
When do they meet?
The trustees meet five times a year, all Grant deadline dates are available here.
Please make sure you meet the relevant deadline date for the submission of applications. Any applications received after the deadline date will be considered at the subsequent meeting.
Any queries – contact us on 01823 331222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
202 grants were awarded totalling £129,457 during 2018/19