CCS offers a friendly, independent service providing local expert advice and practical support to volunteers managing community buildings and village halls in Somerset.
CCS is continuing to support our community halls with information, advice and training, helping them adapt to these challenging times. We are keeping halls regularly updated with information about financial support, as well as guidance on the practicalities of maintaining halls during closure and planning for their reopening.
If you are already running a community hall, are just starting out, or need help expanding the work you’re already doing – or for anything else – feel free to contact Sally Sargent, our Community Involvement Officer. We look forward to hearing from you!
Call: 07946 461560
It’s good to know that CCS is there to answer queries about procedure and legislation, vital to the day-to-day running of our hall.Wendy Hobbs, Nether Stowey Village Hall
Robert Horn, Community Buildings Adviser
Robert is passionate about supporting Village Halls and the community events that go on in them. Coming from a background in Building Surveying, he has been advising Village Halls in several counties for 15 years. He has been a trustee for his local village hall and now manages a small community centre on a part-time basis. A founding trustee and volunteer for a recreational charity, he also enjoys making music and messing about with old cars in his spare time.
Call: 07931 871375 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Important information from ACRE
Action with Communities in Rural England (ACRE), has produced guidance looking at how village halls can prepare risk assessments, ensure social distancing once open, and introduce effective cleaning regimes. There are some practical resources too including checklists, notices for display in halls, and sample terms of hire. See the latest guidance – updated on 21 July 2020 –HERE
The latest Government advice – COVID-19: Guidance for the safe use of multi-purpose community facilities can be downloaded HERE
Become a Community Buildings Member
- FREE 24-hour access to over 80 specialist, tailored information sheets on running your facility, from advice on health and safety to management and legislation.
- Regular updates on legislation, licensing, events and training opportunities.
- Advice and support by telephone and email.
- Apply for our nationally-recognised Hallmark quality standard.
- A full listing on our Community Buildings Locator – directing customers to your facility
Webinar Programme for Community Buildings
CCS is running a programme of FREE online webinars for village hall trustees. The first event, ‘Coping withCOVID and beyond’ generated an interesting discussion about the challenges posed by the pandemic.
See the full list of webinars below, click on the links to find out more information and to book. If you have any questions, please contact Sally Sargent, CCS Community Involvement Officer, at email@example.com
- TUE, 11 AUG 10:00 Governing Documents: How and when to update them
- TUE, 18 AUG 10:00 Incorporation for Community Buildings
- WED, 19 AUG 19:30 Community Buildings: Coping with Covid19 and Beyond
- TUE, 25 AUG 10:00 Finances & Marketing for Community Buildings
- TUE, 8 SEP 10:00 Meetings and AGMs for CommunityBuildings
- TUE, 15 SEP 10:00 Community Buildings: Trustee Roles and Responsibilities
- TUE, 22 SEP 10:00 Trustee Liabilities for Community Buildings, (including Health and Safety)
- TUE, 29 SEP 10:30 Safeguarding for Community Buildings
Hand Sanitiser for Community Buildings
With community buildings reopening, CCS is working with Exmoor Distillery to supply discounted hand sanitiser to our member halls. This is clinical-grade sanitiser which is being supplied to frontline services across the county. Distribution is being arranged through our incredible network of Village Agents. For more information contact Sally at: firstname.lastname@example.org