Who cares for the carers? We do.
CCS is contracted by Somerset County Council to run the Somerset Carers service. There are over 60,000 unpaid Carers in Somerset. If you regularly look after someone in an unpaid capacity, Somerset Carers can support you with advice and guidance.
The person you care for maybe your partner, parent, child, friend or neighbour – we are here to support you, the Carer, if you are over 18 years old, no matter how formal or informal your caring arrangement.
How we help?
Caring for another person is very rewarding, but can be overwhelming and lonely at times. Somerset Carers support can
- Link you to groups & events in your area
- Help find information & support agencies to support you and the person you care for
- Provide emotional & practical support for you and your whole family
- Guidance with financial assistance, benefit entitlements
- Our Agents support local Carers groups and work with Spark Somerset who recruit volunteers to run the Carers groups – find out more here
Increased support for Carers in Somerset
During COVID we moved to a ‘whole family’ approach to working with clients – One Family: One Agent, so a combined force of over 55 Village Agents now support Carers in Somerset.
If you have any queries about this, please call the Carers freephone number 0800 31 68 600.
Have you seen our dedicated Carers website?
It’s packed full of the information you need when caring for someone in Somerset, live chat with a Village Agent or find out what’s going on near you.
Visit the websiteLearn more
0800 3168 600
‘Carer’ to 78070