Somerset Diverse Communities (SDC) works with and supports minority ethnic communities across Somerset.
If you are part of a community group, would like to start one, or need help expanding the work you’re already doing – or for anything else – contact our team!
We look forward to hearing from you!Contact our team
Somerset Diverse Communities Directory of ethnically diverse community groups
OUR 5th NEWSLETTER IS NOW AVAILABLE!
Stay up to date with SDC!
In this Issue:
- East Timor Ambassador Visits Bridgwater!
- Windrush 75th Anniversary 2023
- We want to hear from YOU our readers!
- Polish Saturday School of Jan Brzechwa in Taunton
- Community Information
- Cultural Events
- New Workshops
- and much more…
If you missed any of our issues click to visit our Newsletter pageSDC Newsletters
OUR SMALL GRANT FUND
- A grant of up to £500
- Closing date for all applications has been extended to 18th of August 2023.
- For any community groups, charities, organisations and agencies that support or directly work with ethnic diverse communities in Somerset
- Read our Small grant funding information
- If you have any questions, please email: Jusna@somersetrcc.org.uk
Event Management Basics for Community Groups
Does your community group want to hold and event and is not sure where to start?… We can help!
The SDC team and Alice Edmonds from Love Yeovil delivered a training to get to grips with:
- health and Safety
- plus case studies and examples
To see all our training events / online webinars see our webinar channelSDC Webinar Channel
Somerset Diverse Communities has developed an Interfaith & Belief Network across Somerset.
- Opportunities for engagement that promote respect, awareness and dialogue between diverse Faith/Belief groups across the county.
- Events, shared projects and community activities including training opportunities in areas of need identified by minority communities.
- Build environments of understanding between marginalised Faith/Belief groups and Service Providers.
- Connect Somerset faith and belief communities across the county and break down barriers of rural isolation.
We want to improve Somerset’s health care service for our ethnic diverse communities.
Working with Somerset’s diverse community and health/social care providers we have created an information packs.
Our health is vital in every part of our lives, so it is important that we get the best experience and treatment available no matter where we are from or who we work for.Read more here
Somerset Welcome Pack
If you have just arrived in Somerset download our Somerset Welcome pack.
A complete guide of local information covering:
- Education & schools
- Benefits, employment, money and debt
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) and language support
- Social events and activities
- Volunteering opportunities
- International foods shops
- General information and useful links
Know your rights guide & resources
A guide to help migrants understand their rights and how to assert them covering topics:
- Digital rights
- Hate crime
- Social Services
Hate Crime support & information
Stand against racism and inequality (SARI) provides free and confidential support for anyone who is a victim of hate crime.
SARI have created a series of recourses to support anyone who witnessed or been a victim’s of a hate crime.
If you need to get in touch with other local councils, charities, organisations, police or government bodies SARI have them all on there website.
Visit: www.sariweb.org.ukDownload SARI’s Somerset’s Hate Crime leaflet here
Language for learners
Free Webinar Channel
Advice and information translated into a wide range of languages