Free help and advice every weekday at 11 am
If you are looking for information, advice, and support – or just a friendly chat – you can now use Facebook Live to join people across the county for daily Talking Café events.
Social distancing measures meant that our usual Talking Café events had to be temporarily suspended, but they have now been relaunched digitally to be live on Facebook each day at 11am.
Talking Cafés are a great support if you are looking for help and advice for staying safe, information about important services such as housing, finance, adult social care and children’s services.
The sessions are run daily from the Talking Cafés Facebook page (@talkingcafesomerset) by Community and Village Agents, who help local people find the help, information, and support they need. Click here – like the Talking Cafés Facebook page – and set a reminder to listen in and take part. We look forward to ‘seeing’ you soon!
- MONDAY – 18th January 2021
- Winnie the Pooh Day with Somerset Libraries and Storytelling
- TUESDAY – 19th January 2021
- National Career Service Advice
- WEDNESDAY – 20th January 2021
- Learn about the work of the Somerset YMCA
- THURSDAY – 21st January 2021
- Meet the new members of the Agent Team!
- FRIDAY – 22nd January 2021
- Fuel & Money Saving Advice with the Centre for Sustainable Energy
Watch LIVE and join in the discussion 11am weekdays! www.facebook.com/talkingcafesomerset/live
Below are links to past Talking Cafes, grouped by topic , if using a mobile device please swipe left to see all 5 topic boxes.
Find out about Village & Community Agents & Carers Support
Somerset Food Resilience Taskforce – Agents in Action!
Mental Health & Well-Being
Community & Business Help
Help at home:
Help for individuals:
Somerset Good Neighbours Schemes:
Help for Families
Every Day Advice & Money/Debt Support
Money & Debt:
Affordable Healthy Eating:
Seasonal & Hobbies:
Health & Medical
Other Health Matters